Characteristics of a Disciple
Passage: Matthew 28:18–28:20
A disciple is someone who:
1. Is living consistently under the control of the Holy Spirit, the direction and authority of the Word of God, and the compelling love of Christ.
2. Has discovered, developed, and is using their spiritual gifts.
3. Has learned to effectively share their faith while demonstrating a radical love that amazes those who see it and hear it.
4. Gives evidence of being:
- a faithful member of God's Church
- an effective manager of life, relationships, and resources
- a willing servant to "the least of these"
- an available messenger to people who are far from God
5. Demonstrates a life characterized by:
- moral purity
- bold evangelism
- groundedness or rootedness
- social responsibility